Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Twenty-Two A Day of Macaroni and Cheese

Things here in Colombia have been really relaxed.

Gamaliel and Amanda have been gone for a little while visiting family in the southern part of Colombia.  Amanda has been gone for a about two and a half weeks and Gamaliel left this passed Monday.  So, when Gamaliel left he thought it would be better for me to stay at a family from the church's house.  It has been nice being in a family setting, but I can't help but to feel like I am intruding sometimes haha.  I know that they don't mind I am there, they actually invited me to come, but I do feel bad sometimes haha.

Today, I needed to get some work done at my apartment though so I came over here and actually got a decent amount done!  I also walked to Exito and bought some snacks for tonight, the second youth meeting (whoooooop whoop!).  I also decided that I was REALLY craving some american food.  So... I splurged and spent 4,000 pesos (about 2 dollars) on some mac and cheese.  Was is delicious?  Well, yes it was.  Did I eat the whole dang box?  I don't know that I want to answer that question.

Tonight is the second youth meeting!  I am so excited!  I am also going to have my first English lessons this week!  I am a little nervous about that.  I really need to get cracking on my lesson plan!

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha, Scotty, you make my soul happy.
    I had mac n' cheese for supper tonight. Almost samers!!

    ReplyDelete