Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Arrival Date

Well...

After a very boring trip I have safely arrived in Barranquilla Colombia.  I had very few bumps in my travel plans which was a happy surprise!  I seem to attract problems while traveling.  However, this time, other than misplacing my plane ticket for about 5 minutes in the food court I was bump free!

Gamaliel and Amanda (the MMN workers who I will be living with for the next little while) were there to meet me at the airport and show me around the city a bit.  They took me out to a wonderful little restaurant called Medioriente (I think) and I had a delicious chicken dish.  Then to my new temporary home!  I got all of my bags unpacked in no time and made my little room feel like home :).  I found out that I luckily have only forgotten one thing, my contact case.  Luckily those are very easy to come by and fairly inexpensive, so I will be heading to the store at some point in the near future to purchase one of those.

I was also able to call home and talk to my parents which was wonderful!  It was so nice to hear their voices, even though I just saw them this morning.  I have never really been one to be home sick, but I definitely miss home tonight.  I am excited to have Barranquilla begin to feel like home very soon!  Also, to meet the kids that I will be working with!

Thank you all so much for your prayers!  I definitely felt them while I was traveling today, I felt covered in the protection of our heavenly father.

Side note - I have remembered more Spanish than I thought that I would have.  However... that is still not much!  I need to practice practice practice!  Good thing I am surrounded by it :)

Miss and love you all

Dios les bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment