Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 7 - A Day of Facetime and Family

Technology amazes me.  I have this thin small black hand-held machine that has a screen and a camera and all I have to push maybe two buttons and I can be talking to my family that lives thousands of miles away!  The internet is just incredible for long-distance relationships!  I love it!  I was able to talk to my family this evening.  We talked for about an hour or so and it was just splendid.  It was like we were all in the same room!

Today was a pretty casual day.  I was able to venture out of the dark cave like cocoon that I locked myself in yesterday.  So that was nice.  I ran some errands with Gamaliel and we went to the church for a little prayer meeting so that was exciting.  The caretaker of the church has the CUTEST little girl ever so it was fun to also play with her a bit as well.  :)

Other than that today was pretty basic, errands, reading (Gamaliel is letting me borrow a book by the former President of the Canadian Mennonite church [written in Spanish!] so that is pretty exciting!), and eating pizza :P

I was also introduced to some Christian spoken words youtube videos today and I REALLY enjoyed them!  This guy, Jefferson Bethke, just really knows how to talk to the younger generation of today and I really liked what he had to say.  So, needless to say, after watching his first video I had to go through and watch almost all of the other ones haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment