Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Five - A Day of Church and Pizza

Sunday was an incredible day!

We woke up early and went to my first church service at Iglesia Menonita Encuentro de Renovación!  I feel like this is the day that I have been waiting for since I set my departure date!  It was so nice to be able to finally meet the last couple of people that I will be working with for the next two years, all of whom are just wonderful.

I met another lady who speaks quite a bit of English, which is always great!  Everyone at church wanted my phone number so that they could invite me over sometime.  I felt so welcomed and I have just loved getting to know the people.

I have already found a new friend who has agreed to trade guitar lessons for English lessons so I am for sure going to snatch up that offer!  I love this bartering system idea.  I love that I actually have a skill that I can barter with right now!

After church two of the families and I went out for pizza and sat around and chatted for hours!  The restaurant that we went to had a game room with some old early 90's arcade games for FREE!!  We played so many of them!  It was the coolest thing ever!

Then I went over to one of the families houses and we talked some more and I got to watch the video of their daughter's quinceañera (which is like a Sweet 16 or a debutante type of party for girls who are turning 15.  However, they are just as important and big as weddings!  I feel bad for parents who have multiple daughters around the same age!).  It was so cool to get to see that!  They had choreographed dances and they were all dressed up so nicely!  I hope that I get to go to one while I am down here!

Overall, I would say that it was a pretty spectacular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment