Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Six - A Day of The Ocean and Evening Strolls

Today had a pretty nice start.  We went to the ocean in Puerto Colombia.  It was so nice out today!  There was a nice breeze and it was just cloudy enough that the sun wasn't crazy but it was also nice and warm.  So nice.  We didn't go swimming because Puerto Colombia is where the mouth of Rio Magdelena meets the ocean so it is super silty and dirty and kinda sketchy.  But it was beautiful nonetheless, as you can see below...  I love the little fishing huts with the thatch roofs right on the water!


Then, we went to this nice restaurant that was back in the shrubery a bit.  It had such a nice coastal feel to it.  I guess you could say that that is because it was a restaurant on the coast...


These are some sweet parrots were at a site where we sat and watched the waves for a bit.  I felt kinda sorry for them though because one was molting pretty badly.  But, it was really need to get to see them.


I am pretty much a big deal, I was walking around with 1,000 2,000 and 5,000 dollar bills in my pocket. No worries...  Actually, the USD to Colombian Peso is about 1,800 pesos to ever dollar.  It has been super confusing trying to figure out... so I usually just divide by two and subtract a bit... Anything in the hundred thousands though and I just give up.  My brain wasn't made for math.


I do really enjoy the bills here quite a lot though so I thought I would share them with you!  These are the smaller ones.  I have also had a 20,000 and a 50,000 bill.  The 1,000 and 2,000 bills are a big smaller which is interesting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment