Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 161 - A day of catching up

So this last week has been rather uneventful.

It has been SUCH a process trying to get the internet installed in my apartment.  I have tried with three different companies and of course it was the last company that I tried that was actually able to hook everything up.

With the first company it took about a day and a half to figure out what was going on and then I found out that they didn't serve my neighborhood.

With the second company I went down to their office and talked with them and had a contract filled out and even signed everything and all was ready to go!  Then, I had to wait because they couldn't come out for another 24-48 hours.  On the third day when they showed up they told me that they couldn't serve the building.  BUT they had a cable that was close by so they could run it to the building but it would just take a little longer.  Well... I thought that was a little lame but why not.  Then, a friend told me that I should go with a different company and I would be happier with them haha.  Oh goodness.  So, a day or two later we went to the second company and had them terminate the contract (luckily, since nothing had been installed that was really easy to do).  Then we went to the third company and they worked out great.

With the third company that I went to, they were having a deal that if I got telephone service, internet, and cable I would be able to get the first two months free!  That is pretty sweet.  It was also only about 5 dollars more a month to add the TV.  So... why not?  Haha!  With this company I still had to wait though... we went there on a Saturday and you have to wait 24 hours, which was a Sunday and they don't work Sundays.  Then Monday was a holiday.  Then on Tuesday they had to come and cut the line from the previous tenants, then FINALLY on Wednesday they came and set up the internet and everything in my apartment!  Oh I was so excited.

Since I was constantly "waiting" for the internet I was never allowed to leave my apartment because they might show up while I was away.  So... I got a lot of reading done that week and a half haha!  But now, I have Skyped with my family and some friends and so I am all caught up on that.  I have also caught up on many other things that required internet usage, like contacting my MST and updating my blog and reading hilarity on themetapicture.com

Today is Friday and I have been very productive!  I am glad that I am able to actually say that.  The majority of Wednesday and Thursday the whole city was without water.  They had to clean the pipes so they shut off the water.  That was fun.  So, that meant that I wasn't able to do the dishes or mop.  So I caught up a bit on that.  I also sent a ton of e-mail today and updated my blog!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment