Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 155 (Saturday, June 9th) - A day of cancelled classes and mall hang outs

So, Saturdays are very busy days for me.  My schedule is 10:00 to 11:30 Basic Level English lesson.  3:00 to 4:30 Intermediate Level English Lesson.  5:00 to 7:00 youth group!

I love Saturdays because I get to actually feel productive!  I have a lot of free time here in Colombia, which I love!  Don't get me wrong.  But, it is also nice to be able to look back on my day and think, Wow!  I got a lot accomplished today!  My weekends are definitely my work weeks.

So, unfortunately no one showed up to either English class.  But,  that meant that I had a lot more free time than I normally do on Saturdays.  We are also starting up a new class (because I was gone for 2 weeks and then we had 3 weeks without classes for various reasons) so that can also be a little rocky.  Maybe it will be better this next week.

However, after waiting around for the afternoon class I decided to head to the mall to use the internet.  That was a nice break because by this point I still didn't have internet in my apartment (long story).  So, while heading to the mall I bumped into one of the guys that is in the youth group!  That was a nice treat because I don't get much one-on-one time with the youth here.  They are all so busy.  So, we got some ice cream and chatted and hung out for a little while.  I was also able to catch up on some facebooking and e-mailing as well.  That was nice.

I have recently acquired some helpers for the youth group!  I love this!  I love having other like minded young adults that are willing to help out!  I love the company and I also love not having to give the lesson every week haha! :)  This week was nice because it was the first youth group where I was able to just sit back and actually enjoy the lesson and activities and the company rather than stressing about giving the lesson and making sure that my grammar is all correct haha.  We have been working on the book of Matthew.  I really enjoy this one because it gives such good lessons on how to work towards peace and how to treat those around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment