Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 149 (June 3rd) - Moving DAY!!!

It has been quite a long time since I have updated this silly thing.  So, I am going to have to do a little re-capping.  When we last left off I was staying at the church building, living with the family there.

All of this changed on Sunday, June 3rd!  I finally got possession of the apartment on Saturday June 2nd.  We couldn't decide if I should go to the apartment and clean and paint and then move in at a later date or if I should move in on Sunday at some point.  Well... I have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting this day for over a month now so I opted for moving on Sunday.  After church some friends (both youth from the youth group and also some young adult friends) came to the apartment and helped me clean.  I was a little bummed out because the people who lived here before me did not clean or paint the apartment before moving out.  So, the floors were dirty, the walls were really scuffed and dirty and the paint is (still... oops) chipping and it just wasn't pleasant... especially in the kitchen.  Although this was frustrating I did not let it get me down!  My friends and I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom!  It really only took us about an hour and a half or so.  I was so incredibly blessed to have them come and help me with the not so fun part.

To tell them thank you I took everyone out for lunch!  We went to a nice little local restaurant on the street.  Their food was so delicious!  I am going to have to go there again!  I can't remember exactly what I had but it was nice.

After lunch we called a moving truck and he came to help us move everything.  When he first pulled up in front of the church my heart sank.  It was a TINY little truck with an even smaller bed.  I had no clue how this was going to work with a refrigerator, a bed, and everything else that I had to move.  Well... I forgot that this is Colombia.  We some how got EVERYTHING to fit onto this dinky little truck in only ONE trip!  I couldn't believe it...  color me impressed.


The refrigerator is sitting on the boards used on my bed frame to keep my bed together.  Then, just tied on with a rope.  Then, we have a couch, two chairs... I was nervous and praying for the entire 5 minutes drive.


Luckily it was a really short drive from the church to my apartment.  However, once we were at the apartment... that was a different story.  We had to haul everything up SIX flights of stairs!  Just kidding.  I am on the sixth floor, but thankfully I have an elevator... but that only goes up to the fifth floor haha.  After that there is a fairly tight spiral staircase and then my apartment.

It was so nice to have everything just done and taken care of!  I have decided that I definitely need to paint.  I just don't know when I will be un-lazy enough to actually do it!  Haha.  I think it will be very soon though, because it desperately needs it.  I love my apartment and I am loving being independent and feeling more at home because of this.


I have more pictures but I can't seem to find my camera cord so I will post those when I have them!

 I had some very special friends join me to help me clean!  Shaddy is washing loose items and Carolina decided that she would tackle the very dirty and caked on stove top.

Aldo here had a great time mopping!  

Jean Carlos is wiping down my pretty sweet dinner table.

It seems like I didn't actually do any work but that is far from true!!  I was doing a lot!  I just paused to take pictures so I wasn't in many of them :P

Here I am working!

No comments:

Post a Comment