Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 131 - Friends and McDonald's

So, since my last post things have been really interesting!  But... we currently don't have internet so I haven't been able to post anything about it :P

I went to a little indy movie theater with a friend last week.  It was really fun!  It was a Korean film with Spanish subtitles.  It was a really weird movie but I really enjoyed it.  I love going to little hole in the wall places like this and now that I know where it is I may have to check it out again sometime!

On Mother's Day a group of young people from the church went to the mall and hung out there.  It was a great time!  We got ice cream and shared some burritos from the food court and then went to see the Avengers!  It was such a nice time to be able to connect with people around the same age as me and to feel like I actually have friends here.  That maybe sounds cheesy but it was a great feeling, haha.

The church also recently had a barbecue to celebrate their time with Amanda and Gamaliel here on the coast.  It was such a special time to be able to hear stories and to hear how they have touched so many people here.  Gamaliel and Amanda have really had an incredible ministry here and they will leave some big shoes to fill!!  Luckily, I don't think that we could have picked a better pastoral team to fill them.  They will most certainly be missed and their absence will not go unnoticed.

Another big thing going on right now is my housing... I have an apartment all picked out and it is empty and waiting for me... but something has happened and I have no clue when I will be able to move in.  Here in Colombia there was at one point a habit of people to move into an apartment and they would just stop paying rent but continue to live there.  So... now if you don't have Colombian credit (which I don't) you have to have two or three co-signers for you apartment.  Understandably.  But, these co-signers have to have both a salary and own a home.  With most people here it seems to be one or the other.  We did find three people though, but one of the people didn't notarize their paper and they are currently out of the country.  Whoopsies.  So... there is a possibility that I will have to wait until they return in June and I will live in the church building for a couple of weeks.  Or there is one last ray of hope and I might be able to move in on Monday.  I am trying not to get my hopes up and I am trying to be the happiest and as patient as I can be in this situation.  However, I am so excited about having my own place!  I feel like a little kid the night before Christmas... it just can't come fast enough!

God has a plan and He will work everything out.  I just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment