Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 93 The one where he keeps forgetting to update his blog

So, this will be a back blog...

Monday morning, the first day of Holy Week.  I packs up and went camping with the youth and young adults of the church, Getsemani.  It was a ton of fun!

We went to a little house type thing that had a big yard in the back that is rented out.  People brought tents and hammocks and there were also beds.  It was RIGHT on the beach so we were able to constantly just look up and see it right there.  I loved that.

There were some beautiful words spoken by the youth leader from this church and I just really enjoyed it.  For me there is just something so spiritual about the ocean, and I felt so close to God while being there.  Something about the fluidity and every changing-ness and immensity of the ocean just connects me with the creator.  I loved it.

It was such an incredible experience!

They take this trip every Holy Weeks, while the kids are out of school.  I think that I will definitely be attending next time if they will have me, haha!

Barranquilla is slowly starting to really feel like home.  It was a little hard at first but now that I am building some lasting friendships and getting more involved and finding out just how much there is to offer in the city things are going so much better!  I am really starting to find my place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment