Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 57 - A Day of Spaghetti and Eggs

Hey team.

It has been just a little while since I have updated anything.  Things here have been very relaxed lately and I haven't really done anything worth a blog update.

I went to Bogota to have an orientation with some people that were beginning a term with MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) and I actually learned quite a bit!  It was incredible helpful and I also really enjoyed myself.  Something else that I really enjoyed were the mountains.  I loved seeing mountains.

After getting back we took the youth kids to Cartagena (literally after getting back.  As in, I made it back to the apartment at 1am and we left the apartment at 6:45am haha).  It was a GREAT trip!  We were at this really sweet hotel and we rented out two apartment's that the hotel had.  So we had access to a kitchen and lots of beds.  It was fun to just hang out with the kids.  We swam in the pool a bunch and then we also just spent a lot of time relaxing and chatting.  One of the nights we took a little tour of "old" Cartagena.  Cartagena is an interesting city!  It is a fairly old city, but also a very modern city.  The old city is close to the ocean and has beautiful old architecture.  Then if you walk farther inland it gets to a point where it just turns into modern.  Then you have tall buildings and lots of glass and metal.

Since then everything has been pretty basic.  I have been teaching my English lessons and having youth group and things like that!

I hope that all is well with you all back home!

P.S. We made Spaghetti the other day and Amanda asked me how I wanted my egg.  I thought that was an interesting combination but I said over easy.  Then she put the egg on the spaghetti.  I was a little weirded out at first but it was DELICIOUS!  Random combinations.  But I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment