Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day Thirty-Two A Day of Sandwiches and Lemonade

Today was a pretty incredible day.

It started of with some delicious french toast that I made this morning.  It was nice to cook, I have only really cooked once before today since being here.  I really enjoy cooking so this was a happy treat.

Then, we were off to church and the worship today was just incredible!  I am starting to get to know some more of the songs that we usually sing so it is nice to not have to concentrate on the words the whole time and be able to... well... concentrate on the words but in a different way, haha.  I love worship songs in Spanish, or other languages.  I just think it is so great to be able to praise God in a language that isn't my first language.

On that note, I have recently re-fallen in love with the song called "How he loves us" Sang by David Crowder.  The words in general are just incredible.  There is a Youtube video that someone made with this song and it gives wonderful visuals.  This song was also on the YouthWorks footwashing CD this summer.  Every Thursday we would play this CD and this was the first song to play so there are also many memories and emotions that come along with this song when I hear it.  I also just found out that an artist name Seth Condrey covered the song in Spanish (Él nos ama).  Mind Blown.  I have been listening to both versions pretty constantly the last couple of days.
My favorite lines say "Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.  When all of the sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by just how beautiful you are, and how great your affections are for me."
WOW!
Sometimes it is so easy to forget and get caught up in the mystery and wonder and love that truly IS God.  I find myself getting so caught up in myself that my prayer as of late is that my afflictions might be eclipsed by God's glory so that I can more readily see how beautiful He truly is!

Here are the full lyrics if anyone is interested


He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If Grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

He loves us
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment