Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day Thirty-Five A Day of Meetings and Planning

I didn't do a whole lot today, but it felt super full!

I am teaching an English class tomorrow so I was able to get that all prepared.  I thought about my lesson for this Sunday.  I can't decide what exactly I want to talk about yet.  But I think that I am getting closer :P

I also went to a regional Mennonite church meeting today.  So that was interesting.

Tomorrow I am planning on making some brownies.  We are working on planning a trip with the youth not this weekend but next weekend.  I really hope that it works out!  We would like to go to Cartagena, which I have heard so many incredible things about!  I would really like to see this city, but if we go elsewhere I will be excited to spend some quality time with the kids nonetheless.

There is a HUGE carnival that goes on here in Barranquilla every February.  It is called Carnival.  Lol.  It started out as a very nice cultural carnival but it has kind of changed since then.  There is a lot of drinking and some people have been known to get kind of crazy and it get a little dangerous in the evenings.  So, that is why we are taking the kids to a different city during the festivities.

Carnival de Barranquilla is actually recognized as the second most important yearly cultural event in the world!  The first is a similar one that takes place in Brazil, I believe.  The people here LOVE their carnival and there are decorations up for a month before and up to a month after the event.  SO many bright colors.  I keep forgetting to take my camera with me to different places but I snapped a few pictures on my iPod.  The quality isn't the best but if give you an idea of what it looks like here :).

This guy is everywhere!





I took these at the mall here called Buena Vista (good view).  The decorations are beautiful and very colorful.  I am hoping to take my camera with me sometime before they are all taken down so that I can get some better quality pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment